Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
We currently have a senior leadership opportunity for a Director Operations for our EPCM, Mining & Metals business in Saskatoon, SK. Reporting to the Vice President Operations, North America for Mining & Metals, this position is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the business units operations, and ensuring financial performance by delivering on budgets and managing cash flow. This position plays a key role in business development by engaging with key clients, maintaining client relationships and identifying new opportunities for winning and delivering work.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
Responsibilities (Mining & Metals):
- Overseeing project management, engineering, supply chain, construction, commissioning, HSSE, project controls and quality management activities on office-based Mining & Minerals projects
- Developing and implementing strategies to expand the business.
- Actively managing the organizational structure, along with the professional development and performance of individuals in the functional and operations management team
- Developing and managing budgets and reimbursability targets
- Actively participating in business development with local clients and managing selected client relationships
- Chairing internal review meetings and monthly project review meetings
- Recruiting, interviewing and selecting key staff and ensuring project staffing requirements are met
- Monitoring safety, health and environment issues and performance, implementing corrective actions where required
- Ensuring procedures are followed with respect to standards and peer reviews
- Reviewing and authorizing all proposals and contracts
- Participating in bid/no bid decisions
- Acting as Project Sponsor on key projects
- Managing selected studies and projects as required
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering or a related discipline, with professional designation.
- More than 20+ years proven management experience, of increasing responsibility, with an EPC/EPCM company.
- Experience in an operations management role (including developing and managing the business unit's budget, P&L), and in managing large mining projects and studies will be strongly considered in the selection process.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff and support employee development.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and communications skills are required.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada, without sponsorship.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.