Skills: Design Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sheridan, Wyoming, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for an experienced CADD Technician to join our team in beautiful Sheridan, Wyoming at the foot of the Big Horn Mountains!
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
The CADD technician will work with both 2D and 3D design. Civil designs for sites and roads to serve Oil and Gas development is required of this position. The technician will work closely with the design team lead, survey field crew, construction supervisors, project managers, and clients to establish documents that communicate final design to the construction contractors. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Create maps, diagrams and profiles using cross-sections and surveys to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations and construction projects working from sketches or notes
- Create site designs using Civil 3D Autodesk Software with imported point data, coordinate data and manual data
- Assist the design team in coordinating design management with engineering discipline
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications and other engineering date received from civil engineers and surveyors to ensure that they conform to design concepts
- Balance earthworks on sites to accommodate Oil and Gas Facilities that best fit environmental conditions and regulatory rules and regulations
- Produce staking points from Civil Software to allow field staking of site designs
- Interface with design team members and field survey crews
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports
- Routine work and communication with Project Team and internal engineering and external technical specialists
- Daily work, communication, and interaction with managers and employees across the organization and sub-contract vendors
Skills / Qualifications
This position will require the use of Civil 3D Autodesk software to be used in the design and drawing production of site designs from field survey data. Experience with AutoCad, CiAutoCadTrimble GPS InstrumGPSation and Software a plus. Previous experience with Oil and Gas Development preferred, but not required. Incumbent must be willing to live in the Sheridan or Buffalo, WY area. Per Diem and man-camp accommodations are not available with this position.
- have a High School or GED diploma. (One year of College preferred)
- have a valid US driver's license
- have experience with design methods employed to balance earthwork and road alignment
- have a strong understanding of AutoCad CivAutoCadoftware used for Digital Terrain Modeling
- have experience with survey methods
- have a willingness and ability to react quickly to changing priorities
- have a strong professional image, integrity, and commitment to excellence
- have the ability to work in all weather conditions
An understanding of GIS is prefGISed but not required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.