Are you an experienced Strategic Material Sourcing Professional?Do you enjoy driving cost savings?
Join our Procurement teamPartner with the best
As a Global Category Manager, you will oversee complex strategic sourcing projects, defined as primary projects of substantial monetary value, with significant stakeholder interface, and will develop formal supplier agreements and contracts
As a Global Category Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Developing the sourcing strategy for $300 - $500M of spend in the commodities of wire, plate, and steel mills.
- Defining supplier strategy including management and optimization of supplier strategies. Leading negotiations and allocating needs to specific suppliers.
- Negotiating terms and conditions and transmit information to Procurement. Includes commercial sourcing management such as data analysis, negotiations support, etc.
- Developing regular redesign of processes due to changing circumstances or management needs.
- Effective communication with other functional areas required. Influencing peers to meet the objectives.
- Handles work requiring analysis and interpretation. Procedures don't cover all the exceptions. Approaches for exceptions must be developed.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Hold a Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business or Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Have Minimum 5 years of experience in strategic sourcing
Working with us
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Previous experience working directly with steel mills
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input.About Us
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.Join Us
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!About Us:
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.