Gordon, Georgia, United States
Gordon, Georgia, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Gordon, Georgia, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as an HSSE Lead in Gordon, GA. Responsibilities will include supervision of staff in one or more areas of health and safety, oversees the administration and implementation of HSSE policies and procedures, applies specific areas of expertise in the HSSE functional area and requires mature professional knowledge. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. Local candidates preferred as no per diem is provided.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Provides leadership, supervision, data interpretation, and technical advice to projects.
- Develops procedures and leads the implementation of processes which have been established to ensure compliance with applicable standards, requirements and identified best practices. Prepares, maintains, and updates HSSE policy and procedure manuals.
- Prepares and formats large, complex reports, presentations and studies using a combination of software. Performs research and prepares reports as requested.
- Prepares documentation and correspondence, composes memos, transcribes notes, and takes dictation and meeting minutes.
- Organizes and maintains confidential files and records of a particularly sensitive nature.
- Preparation of project schedules, bids or proposals. Develop project plans and implementation strategy, conduct incident investigation, and evaluate subcontractor's qualifications.
- Interfaces with project providing leadership and coaching to facilitate continuous HSSE performance improvement.
- Track incidents and maintains HSSE records and HSSE tracking database system. Initiates incident investigations related to accidents and near misses. Works with all employees to instill a safe and environmentally conscientious work environment, determining the awareness level, discussing policies and procedures, advising on the best means of following those policies and procedures, and coaching to improve behavior as needed.
- Participate in the inspection of facilities to detect existing or potential fire, accident and health hazards.
- Coordinates the evaluation, selection, and maintenance of environmental and safety equipment.
Skills / Qualifications
- 7 + years' related experience in HSSE or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Safety, Industrial, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related field is preferred.
- MSHA certification preferred
- Thorough understanding of HSSE programs, policies, procedures and systems that apply to assignments.
- Broad knowledge of departmental function, terminology and interrelationships.
- Knowledge of local and federal regulations, requirements, standards and best practices.
- Some internal experience preferred in order to know the business and organizational structure and administrative procedures, documentation requirements, processes and systems.
- PC skills and proficiency with MS programs and HSSE system with ability to efficiently download, manipulate and report data, run ad-hoc reports and logic check data.
- Ability to develop spreadsheets and modify formats in order to independently complete assignments.
- Ability to identify processes/ procedures needed and required improvements to eliminate negative impacts.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and initiative to complete difficult assignments with minimum supervision.
- Good communication skills (verbal, written and listening) to interact with and resolve a variety of HSSE related problems for all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrates good project planning and execution skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Ability to maintain regular attendance as per work schedule agreed with manager (may require working an adjusted work schedule based on project assigned and work overtime if warranted).
- Ability to comply with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct and other Company policies and procedures.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.