Skills: Geoscience Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Greater Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments Geotechnical Engineering group provide geotechnical solutions ranging from field explorations and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures.
This full time position offers the opportunity to work on engineering and geotechnical projects within multi-discipline project teams. Supporting our Eastern Canada team from our Sudbury office, you will be responsible for engineering analysis, geotechnical engineering designs and construction solutions for our clients. This immediate need requires strong technical design skills and the ability to manage projects and act as a technical resource for the team.
- Provide inspection, analysis & reporting for geotechnical projects
- Work indepently or as pat of a team in remote locations providing ongoing QA / QC support during construction.
- Co-ordinate and supervise field EIT's and Technicians on construction projects
- Perform technical writing & review of proposals & project documents; issued to clients
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates
- Prepare reports and coordinate support activities
- Review findings and prepare recommendations
- Manage contractors and sub-consultants
- Manage projects in remote regions
- Mentor, coach and train less experienced technicians / professionals as required, encouraging growth and succession within the team
Skills / Qualifications
- College diploma in civil/Geotechnical Engineering from a recognized college.
- 5+ Years' experience in Geotechnical Consulting with mining and/or construction related projects
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel, domestic & international travel required
- Understanding of multi-disciplinary design teams with experience of collaborating across projects
- A self-starter who is innovative and enjoys working in a team environment
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.