Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood has an opportunity for a Geochemist to join our Mining team on a full-time basis. As part of our Mining Geochemistry group you will work with an entrepreneurial, multidisciplinary team of highly qualified professionals supporting world-class mining projects. The successful candidate can be based in any of our Eastern Canada Resilient Environments' office locations with the option to work remotely as required.
Skills / Qualifications
- Advanced degree in Geochemistry (MSc or PhD) with a focus on Geochemistry, Geology, Environmental Science, Geological Engineering, Earth Sciences or related field
- 5+ years' applied experience in acid rock drainage/ metal leaching, mine waste geochemistry assessment, geochemical sampling design, water and rock sample collection, and analytical methods for mine waste geochemistry analysis - preferably within an environmental consulting firm or mining company
- Eligible for Professional accreditation (P. Geo, P.Eng. etc.) an asset but not a requirement
- Demonstrated abilities with geochemical and water quality modeling using industry-standard software packages such as, GoldSim, PhreeqC, CE-QUAL-W2, and Geochemist's Workbench
- Strong database management skills in Excel or other database software
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment
- Demonstrated Task and Project Management skills are an asset
- Willingness to travel for field assignments (approximately 10-20% of time)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.