United Kingdom - Lanarkshire, GlasgowJob Summary
AECOM's Water team in Glasgow are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer with civil and structural knowledge, preferably within the water industry, to help lead and support project teams. You will work with an established multi-disciplinary team and will be responsible for technical & Project delivery on a range of projects covering water and wastewater infrastructure, drainage and flood alleviation throughout Scotland and internationally. Key clients include Scottish Water, local authorities and internal colleagues based throughout the world.Recent projects have included:
Caledonia Water Alliance JV
Shieldhall Strategic Tunnel
Glasgow Smart Canal
Jeddah Storm-Water Masterplan (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
In addition to the above we are about to begin design work on a new ?350m water treatment works for Welsh Water. We have recently had our CWA Alliance with Scottish Water extended for a further six years to provide design of Water and Wastewater infrastructure throughout Scotland.
In addition to undertaking project works directly, the role will see you play a key role in supporting and mentoring graduates and engineers, providing technical support and checking / verifying their work prior to issue. These deliverables typically will include calculations, reports and CAD drawings.The Role:
- Responsible for the preparation and successful / timely completion of all civil & structural deliverables
- Produce technical calculations to a high standard of quality by hand or using current computer software
- Prepare technical specifications
- Review and comment on work produced by others to ensure timely and accurate results
- Mentor and assist less experienced staff to achieve their potential and ensure that they fulfill project requirements
- Ensure compliance of design and other deliverables with all applicable standards and regulations
- Liaise with other disciplines and clients to ensure clear understanding of deliverables and responsibilities
- Help determine budget estimates and staffing requirements for projects, and manage and monitor this input throughout the project
Project management experience:
- Experience in design of water and wastewater infrastructure and non-infrastructure
- Ability to lead and work as part of a team
- Good understanding of CDM
- Efficient time management and planning (both for yourself and others)
- Ability to work to a programme and highlight timeously any issues that will cause delays or changes
- Ability to cope with changes to client requirements or timescales during project delivery
- Some site experience, would be advantageous, but not essential
- Proactive attitude with regards to self-development and development of others
- Experience using 3D design software such as civils 3D, Revit etc
- Experience in the civil/structural design of Water or Wastewater Treatment Works
- At AECOM we want to support you and your career development with the opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge and challenge you to reach your potential. We value your commitment to us and work hard to ensure you achieve your career goals.
Your benefits will include
- CEng/IEng qualified in civil or structural engineering - or anticipated achievement of this status.
- HND or degree in civil / structural engineering.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.