Learn morePosition Specific Description
This job will report directly to the Sr. Director of Digital Transformation and be responsible for identifying and leading the largest cross functional Accelerate opportunities each year for our CIO. These opportunities will focus in on complex, cross functional opportunities that will require both process improvements as well as technology solutions to drive business outcomes. We are seeking a candidate who is ambitious to grow their career and looking to leverage their strengths while also actively working on their improvement opportunities. This position will be given tremendous responsibilities and be expected to influence others outside their direct control to be successful.
In additionto the requirements below, a successful candidate should also possess the following:
- Work independently, across departments, at all levels of the organization and distill complex problems into simple solutions with associated benefits.
- Strong Agile or Project Management skills are a must along with phenomenal executive communications skills.
- Ability to leverage data to drive insights and communicate improvement with tangible metrics.
- Ability to propose the proper resourcing to leadership to make an engagement successful.
This position establishes strategy, develops business plans, and oversees and manages the design, development and implementation of technology solutions to meet business needs. Leaders in this role provide leadership and oversight to manage performance and results in one or more Information Technology (IT) disciplines. Individuals will be accountable for the reliability, performance, security, and continuity of IT systems and supported business processes.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, influence, vision, and direction to the organization to contribute to achieving the company's goals
- Works with IT leaders to develop overall IT strategy in alignment with business strategy
- Oversees value stream by focusing on cost and risks of technology portfolio to meet business needs
- Supports and fosters innovative technologies to deliver new ideas that enable business transformation
- Ensures high levels of ongoing system and application performance in production environments
- Oversees development of processes and tools to automate code releases from development to operations (DevOps)
- Attracts, develops and retains a high-performing and diverse team
- Establishes and drives technology roadmaps that align with current and future business needs
- Manages third party technical and outsourcing relationships to deliver project and operational support objectives
- Ensures technology processes are conducted in line with applicable standards and company policies
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 8+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-MT1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: