HSE Manager - Chemical ManufacturingAre you excited by working for an industry leader in Health and Safety?Do you enjoy being part of a team that ensures the highest safety and quality?Join our Team!
Our Teams commitment to HSE goes beyond safety alone, occupational health and wellness is key within our centre of excellence. We promote a healthy, engaged and productive workplace for employees. Our employee and organisation groups coordinate healthy lifestyle events to connect people and promote health and wellness throughout our business.Partner with the best
As an HSE Manager, you are responsible setting a HSE vision for the Chemicals Singapore plant operations business. You will have a team of subject matter experts to support the cultural, regulatory, and relationships with your internal and external stakeholders. You're require to have a thorough understanding, application and mastery of approaches, theories, methodologies and application in a concrete organizational context in a chemical plant manufacturing environment.
As a HSE Manager, you will be responsible for:
Fuel your passion
- Overseeing all aspects of health, safety and environmental programs to maintain full compliance with applicable laws and regulations such as SCDF, NEA, and MOM-MHI/MHD as well as internal and external business requirements and driving continuous improvement
- Developing, preparing and presenting regular updates to facility leadership on key HSE performance indicators
- Facilitating or leading incident investigations as well as the development and assessment of corrective and preventative actions
- Performing self-assessments and audits to assure conformance with Baker Hughes HSE management system and manage ISO certification related to ISO45001, ISO14001, ISO5001, etc.
- Serving as HSE technical expert for process hazard analyses, management of change, incident investigation, hot work permitting, emergency planning and response
- Preparing and maintain regulatory required plans and procedures, including but not limited to MHD, WSH Act, Industrial Hygiene, Chemical Hygiene, Waste Management and Minimization, Chemical Risk Assessment, Respiratory Protection, and Hearing Protection
- Leading and managing a small team to achieve individual and team goals and monitor and coordinate annual EHS work plans and training plans
To be successful in this role you will:
Work in a way that works for you
- Have Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in health and safety, environmental science, chemistry, engineering or others relevant field.
- Have minimum of 5 years of experience in Health and Safety.
- Have minimum of 2 years of direct experience working in a chemical plant operating environment, preferably in a Major Hazard Installation (MHI)
- Have thorough understanding of Singapore safety regulations including WSH Acts, Regulations and Standards and regulatory process; the ability to research, analyse, interpret and implement HSE regulations, standards, and best practices for operating a MHI chemical plant facility
- Have ability to lead a team, create a healthy interdependent safety culture, and set a HSE vision for the plant
- Have excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, team building and influencing skills
- Have experience in HSE management systems and ISO auditing
- Have experience in root cause investigation techniques
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
Working with us
- Please discuss your preferred working patterns with the recruiter during the process
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.