Skills: Refinery / Plant Operator
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Elko, Nevada, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a T2 Water Treatment Operator in Elko, NV. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. The Water Treatment Operator will be responsible for day-to-day O&M of the Central Treatment Plant and Ground Water Collection System in accordance with regulatory requirements under the supervision of the Lead Water Treatment Operator. Housing is available if needed in Elko and plant is an hour North of Elko.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ensure work performed to applicable specifications and regulations; and preparation of daily logs.
- Ensures safe, reliable and efficient operation of equipment, the transport and treatment of impacted mine water, and monitoring of treatment effectiveness.
- The Operator reports directly to the lead and supports managing and supervising O&M activities.
- Perform day-to-day operations and inspections;
- Provide status updates to management and other designated personnel;
- Support troubleshooting of facility and collection system technical problems;
- Perform the collection and submittal of samples for laboratory analysis per the sampling and analysis plan; and
- Complete daily, weekly, monthly, etc. maintenance as required by equipment O&M manuals.
- Operator will report directly to the Lead Water Treatment Operator and other designated personnel and is expected to work on-site five days a week.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience as a water treatment operator
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license is required
- Drug screen, background check and social security number verification
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
- Minimal travel anticipated
- Ability to supervise site work activities involved in completing the daily O&M responsibilities and support any necessary off-hour emergency responses
- Technical knowledge in portions of the site work involved in completing the daily O&M responsibilities
- Trained in the 40-hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations course, and current with 8-hour refresher courses in addition to other relevant training including other OSHA regulated activities but not limited to lockout/tagout or confined space entry as needed
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, state, and local laws and regulations
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage customer expectations
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.