Skills: Field Service Tech
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rocky Hill, Connecticut, United States
Wood is seeking an Environmental Field Technician in our Rocky Hill, CT location. This position will perform a broad range of field activities associated with the environmental consulting industry including environmental sample collection, Phase I/Phase II environmental site investigation, oversight of remediation activities and other related field work. Wood is dedicated to implementing all projects in a safe manner; therefore, the position requires a dedication to safety and Wood safety policies. Experience with UST, TSCA, RCRA and CERCLA projects is a plus. Must have solid communication skills and the ability to accurately document field activities. Must be able to budget time and resources.
Successful applicant will interact with professional staff, geologists/engineers, as well as subcontractors and client staff. Duties will include performance of a broad scope of field services; groundwater sample collection, soil sample collection, and basic operation and maintenance on remediation systems.
- Will work independently or as part of a field team, under the general supervision of Senior Staff
- Set up, maintain, calibrate and troubleshoot sampling equipment
- Collect and evaluate field measurements and record data on field reports
- Field activities include logging of soil borings and rock cores, design and oversight of groundwater monitoring well installations, collection of surface soil, subsurface soil, groundwater, soil vapor, surface-water and sediment samples
- Follow company safety standards, participate in safety training, prepare and implement site safety plans
- Regional travel to project sites in New England and the state of New York will be required
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Associates or Bachelor's degree in science or engineering (environmental engineering, environmental science, chemistry, biology, geology, or similar field) a plus
- 0-5 years of experience in environmental consulting or similar field
- Project experience with low-flow groundwater sampling a plus
- Project experience working on construction site a plus
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with current annual refreshers
- Must be a self-starter with good written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong time management capabilities required
- Will be required to lift equipment and carry laboratory samples and field equipment (up to 50 pounds)
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in New England and New York
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours, as required
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Wood driving policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.