Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood's cultural resource program has an extensive work backlog and is seeking an energetic, team oriented On-Call Architectural Historian to support a nationwide team and rapidly growing cultural resource program. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations. This position is a part-time, hourly position. ( Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
- Assist on surveys to identify and document aboveground architectural resources as well as assess National Register building and structure eligibility to mitigate adverse impacts to significant architectural resources
- On architectural field investigations, assist historic building and structure identification, written and photographic document building and structure and associated architectural details, conduct archival research, prepare building and structure descriptions, prepare sketch maps of properties, and complete site forms completely and accurately
- May help in report production through preparation of digitized graphics, preparation of tables summarizing field data and other information, and preparing text for sections of the report that document the results of architectural investigations, as well as writing historic context and local histories
- Preparation of individual historic resource site forms for submittal of governmental clients such as State Department of Transportation and State Historic Preservation Offices
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified Architectural Technician candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in Historic Architecture, Historic Preservation, History, or a related field, and have at least three months of CRM field experience
- Candidates should be familiar with standard above-ground historic architectural and cultural historic surveys, including familiarity with historic American architectural forms, styles and details, archival research, map navigation, and standard documentation of field investigations.
- Candidates with CRM writing experience and demonstrated proficiency in the preparation of architectural reports and site forms including structure descriptions, historic context, and significance assessments under National Register criteria are preferred.
- All candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
- Candidates are expected to conduct fieldwork while carrying personal equipment and supplies and carry out the physical effort to document resources
- Candidates should also be willing to take direction and work as part of a team
- Candidates should have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn
- Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange
Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
Contact Matthew Prybylski ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) with any questions or for more information.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.