Skills: Metallurgist / Materials Engineering
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure is currently seeking a Staff Geotechnical / Materials Engineer engineering graduate to join our team in Jacksonville and participate on a wide variety of geotechnical and materials related projects in the transportation, commercial, and federal markets. Types of projects will include road and bridge construction, commercial structures, power plant construction projects, bridge foundation investigations and designs, dams, levees, resevoirs, geotechnical investigations, and laboratory analysis. Projects are primarily located within Northeast Florida however, there is potential for projects throughout the southeastern United States. Candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with personnel at other Wood offices throughout the company.
Will support the office's Construction Materials Testing & Geotechnical Groups working under the direction of a Principal Engineer within the office.
- Perform field exploration, inspection, analysis; provide technical support with supervision; including onsite direction of geotechnical drilling activities
- Prepare technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports, including day to day correspondence
- Perform geotechnical analyses based on site conditions and requirements to support project designs
- Acts as a data gatherer preparing maps and charts. Runs simple computer programs
- Perform materials testing as required, using equipment and instrumentation
- Review and interpret data and test results. With experience, may write complete reports
- Prepare field reports, internal correspondence, sections of formal reports
- May be assigned field construction responsibilities to include inspection and monitoring of Driven Pile Foundations, Auger Cast Foundations
- With experience, may supervise subcontractors and/or company employees
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards, and provide all required permitting
- Contact vendors; research literature and regulatory requirements; prepare draft designs
- Conduct engineering or scientific calculations; coordinate geometry; perform minimal design work, preliminary analysis, and layout
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. Geotechnical Engineering background preferred
- 0 - 2 years of related experience
- E.I.T. for engineers
- Familiar with geotechnical engineering analysis, design, and construction
- Familiar with Construction Materials Testing procedures and ASTM standards
- Enthusiastic, self-starter with desire to provide excellent service to clients
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD, MicroStation, LIMS)
- Valid drivers license
- Willing to travel and work out of town for extended periods of time
- Physical requirements may require lifting up to 50 pounds and traverse over rugged terrain
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.