Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Senior Front End Development Manager to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on a 6/6 weeks rotation for the following responsibilities:
- He/She is a team member of the CLIENT Front-End/Development Team led by CLIENT Development Manager who work on maturing CLIENT pre-DG3 Front End projects (progressing projects through Identify, Assess or Select Phases).
- Headline size of these Front End projects is in range of $1 to $500 mln and can cover new gas capture opportunities contributing to CLIENT Growth, production protection activities to safeguard CLIENT production and risk reduction & rehabilitation activities.
- The Senior FEDM will lead the Front End technical and multi-disciplines engineering activities to ensure safe operations, cost competitiveness, quality and consistency of technical deliverables of the project.
- The Senior FEDM is operating and interfacing as broad integrator with high capacity to work across disciplines, teams and organizations and to promote collaboration & co-creation to achieve targets.
- He/She will be responsible for incorporating appropriate CLIENT HSSE standards and activities within the project design.
He/She will conduct effective and realistic planning to execute the project plan, monitoring resource and budget levels.
- He/She will ensure project Technical and Non-technical risks are properly identified as part of the project delivery plan together with appropriate mitigations.
- He/She will develop and execute the Assurance Plan for the project in line with CLIENT ORS, PMM and DMM including ITRs, Assurance Reviews (SARs/VARs), etc.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Degree (Bachelor at minimum)
- With minimum of 15 years of experience in Oil & Gas Industry and 10 years experience in similar positon
- Previous Front End experiences is a must.
- Strong Integrator
- Strong Planning and Economics skills
- Previous experiences in gas processing, brownfield development, upgrades,/rehab is a plus
- Experience with competitive scoping and continuous improvement activities
- Knowledge of contracting strategy
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player, curious and keen to work on new challenges.
- Able to coach and develop local staff
- Commitment to Process Safety and CLIENT HSSE.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.