Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, Environmental Engineer
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Alton, England, United Kingdom
Carbon Management Director
Gaffney, Cline & Associates
South London UK
Do you enjoy leading clients to adapt, plan and manage their energy transition?
Would you like to help shape industry policy, strategy, and commercial acumen within the consulting sector?
Join our innovating and leading-edge consulting team!
GaffneyCline is a leading international advisory firm focused on providing integrated technical, commercial and strategic advisory in petroleum and energy. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Hughes that provides impartial advisory services. For more than 50 years, the business has offered both broad-based and detailed technical and commercial advice, focusing on results-orientated, commercially viable and practical solutions designed to meet its client's specific requirements.
Partner with the best
As Carbon Management Director, you will lead our Global Carbon Management & Energy Transition practice offering for the region (Europe, Africa, Middle East, Russia and Caspian). You will develop and manage key client relationships and be a trusted expert on clean energy. Collaborate with academics, think tanks, policy makers and the energy sector to advise on technologies and projects. The role is high-profile both internally and externally, and requires business acumen, project execution skills, and leadership of the growing Carbon Management & Energy Transition services within the region.
As Carbon Management Director you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Global Leadership team for the further development of our Carbon Management and Energy Transition services , including Carbon Capture, Use and Storage (CCUS), Hydrogen, Geothermal, Carbon Offsets and Markets, Methane Management and the Carbon Intensity of energy supply.
- Targeting, prioritizing and engaging our clients to develop a platform for CM and ET consulting
- Developing approaches to assess the impact of climate change policies and energy markets on customers financial performance
- Evaluating and managing climate change risks and opportunities to incorporate into client business strategies, planning and operations
- Supporting the development of industry accreditation bodies to implement standards that verify emissions performance metrics
- Managing and delivering projects for clients on strategies, programs, initiatives and activities that mitigate GHG emissions, including approaches to energy efficiency, flaring reduction, venting and fugitive emissions reduction, CCUS, offsets and renewable energy sources.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have demonstrated industry leadership in Carbon Management, Energy Transition or sustainability.
- Have a track record in developing successful industry leadership positions and/or consulting.
- Have a Bachelors degree in Science, Engineering, Policy or related technical degree from an accredited university.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
GaffneyCline is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baker Hughes providing impartial, independent advisory services. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities, comprehensive private medical care options, safety net of life insurance and disability programs, tailored financial programs and additional elected or voluntary benefits.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.