Skills: Subsea Engineer, Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Wood Consulting is a global leader in project delivery, engineering and technical services, providing independent and specialised consulting services across multiple sectors. We are proud of our rich heritage which underpins our unrivalled breadth and depth of capability. We employ people with the brightest minds and the sharpest skills, who use our leading-edge technology to help our customers succeed.
Our Consulting Division in Norway is recruiting for Graduate Engineers to join our Stavanger team from Summer 2021.
Our heritage in Norway is in the SURF (Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers, Flowlines) and System Engineering disciplines, and we are applying our multi-disciplinary consulting skillset towards Energy Transition. As such, we are seeking individuals with a desire to support fast moving varied projects in both traditional energy and renewables industries.
We are technology driven and need the next generation of boutique consulting engineers with both the innovative attitude and imagination to realise this ambition.
Our graduate engineers will assist Senior Engineers, under the guidance of the Engineering Manager, in developing and/or delivering work scopes.
The work scopes and additional Wood training shall support the development of the graduate engineer and allow them to apply advanced subsea engineering and management techniques in range of projects. Graduates will be required to:
- Perform design and analysis
- Assist with in-house development of tools & programs
- Be involved in project planning, expediting and execution
- Understand and become familiar with report writing standards
- Participate in internal workshops and training lectures
- Become familiar with Wood's systems and software
Key Elements of the graduate support network:
- Access to a wealth of technical and personal development resources and opportunities.
- Support throughout your career; you will be assigned a buddy, mentor and departmental manager to ensure your professional development is achieved.
- Where available, opportunities for placements, site visits in Norway and overseas and rotations into other relevant disciplines to enhance your knowledge and experience to become a well-rounded Engineer.
- Competitive salary.
- Access to a range of employee benefits including:
- Travel and private medical insurance
- Pension and life assurance
- Shares option
Skills / Qualifications
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, tenacity and have excellent communication skills
- Possess an ability to learn quickly and be adaptable and flexible to acquiring specialist consulting and technology skills
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary team environments
- Graduate engineer with a minimum Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field or a Master's degree in Oil & Gas Process, Pipelines, Subsea Engineering or other disciplines relating to upstream oil and gas, or renewables industries, from a recognised university.
- Preference will be given to graduates with previous experience in the Norwegian energy industry, gained before, during or after their university courses
- Engineers who have undergone undergraduate internship in subsea/pipeline/renewables engineering will have added advantage
- Must have the right to reside and work in Norway
** The deadline for applications is 23 rd April 2021**
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.