Springboro, Ohio, United States
Springboro, Ohio, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, HSE Manager / Advisor, Security
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Wood is seeking a Multi-site Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Advisor for our Springboro office-OH.
This position will provide Health, Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) support to our Heavy Civil business. This is a multi-site field Advisor role and as such the Advisor will spend 100% at various client sites in the Ohio region. . The Adviosr will be responsible for delivering a wide range of HSSE guidance to the site project teams along with coaching support to personnel, management, and contractors.
- Provide HSSE advice, best practise assistance and support to all Laborers, Operators, Drivers, Supervisors, Project Managers, Superintendents, and Safety Staff
- Support and coach key Operations and support personnel in appropriate HSSE procedures and policies including Excavations - Underground Utility Protection - Job Safety Analysis(JSA) and Risk Management.
- Promote a behavior-based approach to safety and foster a work environment that encourages people to take ownership of reducing risk associated with all work activities.
- Promote the use of safety interventions, hazard spotting and risk management through the internal system
- Ensure that all the company's event and incident report forms are completed accurately within 24 hours after incident Participate in incident investigations to include near miss events and provide guidance to Operations when conducting root cause analysis and implementing corrective actions
- Provide support to the HSSE Regional Director assuring that Wood guidance and processes are embedded on site and that any trends are identified and communicated so corrective actions and improvments can be implemented. .
- Assists in JSA pre-job risk mitigation preparation for job tasks and verifies these are correctly and accurately completed every day, to include environmental protection and occupational hygiene.
- Stays current on all new and proposed federal, state, and local safety and health regulations.
- Maintains site workforce Safety competence through appropriate delivery of safety training , accurate recording and documentation, and daily site inspections daily to assure that company employees are following safety policies and procedures.
- Internal auditing of activities and processes to assure that best practice and internal processes are applied.
- Verify and document all identified hazards are corrected in a timely manner
- Evaluates the effectiveness of safety policies and procedures and provides routine feedback to management.
Skills / Qualifications
Personnel meet a minimum of one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor's degree in safety or related technical field with a minimum of 5 years of project experience in a construction safety role as a titled safety professional.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience project in a construction safety role as a titled safety professional and completion of the OSHA 500 Training Course.
- A CHST designation with a minimum of four years in a construction safety role as a titled safety professional.
- Organization and planning
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Report writing
- Statistical and analytical skills
- Computer based systems and software competency
- HSSE policies, procedures, and management system experience
- Emergency response including 1st aid/CPR
- PPE assignment requirements
- HSSE legislation and regulations implementation
- Inspection and auditing requirements
- Incident reporting and investigating requirements
- Incident Root Cause Analysis
- Ability to Train
- Ability to Present Reports
- The drive to produce quality work every time
- The ability to work 55-60 hours a week on a regular basis
- The ability to work Saturdays and occasionally on Sunday's
- Reliable transportation and a valid driver's license
- The ability to be insured on the company's auto insurance plan
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and sit. Position will require extended periods of computer work. Occasionally the employee will be required to walk for 2-4 hours at a time and may be required to stand for extended periods of time.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.