Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Wood is looking for an experienced Asphalt Plant Inspector to perform verification sampling and testing services (based on specifications) at various Asphalt Plants in North Florida. Prospective candidates must be able to work nights and weekend shifts. CTQP Asphalt Plant I & II certifications preferred.
Good communication skills with plant quality control personnel and field personnel. Mid-level computer skills; work includes completing detailed FDOT spreadsheets. Offer is contingent on safe driving record. High School Diploma or equivalent is also required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct Asphalt Plant inspections, using instruments, equipment and visual observation to ensure compliance to construction specifications.
- Oversee Plant Operations, Asphalt Production and Testing procedures.
- Prepare daily reports and supplement inspection records. Include photographs as needed.
- Review and interpret specifications, to ensure compliance to project requirements.
- Communicate with the FDOT, CEI, QC and Contractor in case of non-compliance.
- Review with clients any violations of work not being done according to project specifications, contracts or construction plans.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in an Asphalt Plant.
- Prepare daily reports and supplement inspection records, that include photographs as needed.
Skills / Qualifications
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- Construction - Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the engineering requirements of construction of highways and roads.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words and proper grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic and its applications.
- Experience - Past field work, preferably in construction and experience in the inspection of hot mix asphalt and Asphalt Plant operations.
- Knowledge of the FDOT MAC system and Asphalt Plant Inspection forms and submittals.
- Valid Florida Driver's License with a safe driving record.
- Safety: PPE (Personal Protection Equipment.) Following safety guidelines, use of personal protective equipment including hard hat, steel toed boots, safety vest and glasses.
- CTQP Asphalt Plant I & II - Required
- CTQP Asphalt Paving I & II - Preferred
- CTQP Earthwork Level I & II - Preferred
- CTQP Aggregate Base Testing - Preferred
- CTQP Aggregate Testing - Preferred
- CTQP Qualified Sampler - Preferred
- CTQP LBR Technician - Preferred
- CTQP Concrete Lab - Preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.