Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Bakersfield, California, United States
Looking for a career opportunity? Come join Wood as a Planner/Scheduler in Bakersfield, CA. Wood offers health benefits, 401k, vacation and more. This person will interact directly with project owners to acquire schedule and cost information efficiently to update the Primavera scheduling database.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
- Ensure quality of schedule data and performs analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Supports the Cost Analyst in delivering monthly Value of Work Done and spend Forecast for the project portfolio.
- Works with team members to improve data flows and automate the Integrated Schedule system.
- Perform all monthly project updates to Primavera P6 per the Integrated Schedule process
- Perform analysis with Cost Analyst to deliver monthly Value of Work Done and Forecast of spend -Create schedule reported as requested
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience of developing schedules for construction projects
- Experience preferred performing planning/scheduling for a high-volume portfolio of small projects required
- Experience working with large volumes of data using MS Excel and/or SQL databases required
- Experience creating data visuals using Power BI required
- Strong analytical skills with ability to highlight gaps and develop collaborative solutions required
- Effective communicator with very good oral, listening and writing skills
- Demonstrated strong organization and facilitation skills. Ability to prioritize and focus a group's efforts on the critical activities. Must work independently with little supervision
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Position will be remote for the time being - manager/team sits in Bakersfield, CA but is open to candidate sitting in another state. Selected candidate must be willing to travel to Bakersfield, if needed .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.