Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Mangystau Province, Kazakhstan
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for an HMI Engineer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements
The position requires a self-motivated individual who is able to work with in a multi-discipline team environment and is capable of coordinating and interfac ing with multiple teams (client and MAC) associated with project PAS HMI requirements. The associated project requirements cover SAT, commissioning support and technical aspects of the Process Automation System ( PAS )
The individual will have the following key accountabilities , responsibilities.
- Implementation of all HSE requirement for the MAC System Completions team.
- Plan and execute the P AS HMI requirements associated with p re-SAT readiness activities , Site Acceptance Test (SAT) , SAT check sheet / punch list close out and client commissioning support.
- Responsible for meeting progress targets and schedule compliance in assigned area
- Filling in for other MAC HMI Engineers during periods of absence or handover/ crew change .
- Ensuring standards are maintained and the integrity of the documentation, data and software are maintained , including the clients cyber security directive (CIRS).
- Responsible for PAS HMI related technical validation and completeness of any document redlines (basis for as-building) for the assigned area .
- Co-ordination of work-related tasks with team engineers and client (as directed by MAC Field Team Lead) , to action and progress work items according to project schedules.
- Preparation of written reports and submission to MAC Field Team Lead .
- Maintain effective communication and reporting to the MAC Field Team Lead to ensure meeting of project requirements and schedule.
- Ensure MAC Systems Completions procedures and processes are followed in alignment with project specifications , procedures and management of change .
- Implementation and completion of technical PAS HMI responsibilities , under the direction of the MAC Field Team Lead ; delivering on schedule project scope for systems and sub-systems.
- Completion of subsystem check sheets and punch lists , under the direction of the MAC Field team Lead.
The individual will have the following key experience.
- Display creation with HMI Display Builder
- Shape and Faceplate project customizations.
- Developing multi-windowed solutions using Honeywell's Safeview application.
- Following HMI design standards , using best practice industry guidelines for the project , including ISA-100 as guidance to design, building and maintaining HMI displays.
- Reading and D eveloping conceptual sketches / drawings as necessary to determine the most simple, efficient approach to solving PAS HMI engineering issues and shortcomings.
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles and Best practice.
- Understanding, identif ying and resol ving PAS HMI performance issues before they become critical.
- SAT testing and Commissioning of PAS HMI system s (SIS/FGS/PCS) at client Operational Buildings and remote Substations/RIE's etc.
- Work with Client's O perations Automation team to maintain and monitor the PAS HMI system , as well as providing PAS HMI related plans and documentation.
- Callaboration with Operations to identify specific goal objectives and specific performance requirements.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving aptitude .
- Understand ing and follow ing Method of Change procedures.
- Establish ing and / or update processes to ensure the latest revisions of PAS H MI are maintained.
Skills / Qualifications
- The position requires the individual to be qualified to degree level. The degree shall be in a discipline associated with Automation / Control .
- The degree requirement is to ensure an appropriate resource is selected for the position, in addition to achiev ing work permit and visa requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- The position requires an individual at least 1 0 years experience of Oil and Gas Automation / Control experience. Honeywell Process Automation System (PAS) HMI knowledge and experience is required for the position. A minimum of 5 years working experience with Honeywell HMI is required. The individual should have the following training;
- L&A FGP specific training, associated with TCO FGP Honeywell graphics.
- The position requires a self-motivated individual who is able to work with in a team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.