Skills: Process Engineer, Production Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Tengiz, Kazakhstan
Wood (trading locally as PSNK) is currently looking for a EPKS Engineer to join our team in Tengiz. We are looking for candidates with the drive and commitment to make a genuine difference to our performance to ensure that the company continues to differentiate itself from competitors by delivering quality projects to our client's requirements
The individual will have the following key accountabilities , responsibilities.
- Implementation of all HSE requirement for the MAC System Completions team.
- Plan and execute the P AS EPKS requirements associated with p re-SAT readiness activities , Site Acceptance Test (SAT) , SAT check sheet / punch list close out and client commissioning support.
- Responsible for meeting progress targets and schedule compliance in assigned area
- Filling in for other MAC EPKS Engineers during periods of absence or handover/ crew change .
- Ensuring standards are maintained and the integrity of the documentation, data and software are maintained , including the clients cyber security directive (CIRS).
- Responsible for PAS EPKS related technical validation and completeness of any document redlines (basis for as-building) for the assigned area .
- Co-ordination of work-related tasks with team engineers and client (as directed by MAC Field Team Lead networks) , to action and progress work items according to project schedules.
- Preparation of written reports and submission to MAC Field Team Lead Networks .
- Maintain effective communication and reporting to the MAC Field Team Lead Networks to ensure meeting of project requirements and schedule.
- Ensure MAC Systems Completions procedures and processes are followed in alignment with project specifications , procedures and management of change .
- Implementation and completion of technical PAS EPKS responsibilities , under the direction of the MAC Field Team Lead Networks; delivering on schedule project scope for systems and sub-systems.
- Completion of subsystem check sheets and punch lists , under the direction of the MAC Field team Lead Networks.
The individual will have the following key experience.
- K nowledge of EPKS servers, databases, systems, operat ion , configuration , controllers, Application Control Environment and troubleshooting.
- Experience and knowledge of industry networks, switches and server standards.
- Knowledge of Distributed System Architecture.
- Work with Client's Operational Automation team to maintain and monitor the PAS EPKS system, as well as providing PAS EPKS related plans and documentation.
- Lead the planning and execution for the set-up and SAT testing of PAS EPKS infrastructures for PAS systems at remote RIEs and Field Office Operational Buildings.
- Lead implementation, testing, troubleshoot and maintenance of complex server configurations and PAS EPKS policies for PAS systems.
- Proactively lead the identification and resolution of PAS EPKS issues with PAS systems before they become critical.
- Technical focal point for supervisory and technical queries related to PAS EPKS system configuration and set up .
- U nderstanding networking principles and protocols including Ethernet, TCP/IP, VLAN, WLAN, DMZ, firewalls, switches, routers.
- Experience with anti-virus systems, Firewalls, backup & restore functions, system management.
- Experience with virtualization such as VMWare.
- Knowledge and complete understanding of Field Device Manager.
- Deploying system software upgrades, patches, and updates.
- Raising necessary SR's with Honeywell GTAC team to get timely responses and solutions and escalate critical issues.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving aptitude .
- Develop conceptual sketches / drawings as necessary to determine the most simple, efficient approach to solving PAS EPKS engineering issues and shortcomings.
- Establish and / or update processes to ensure the latest revisions of PAS EPKS and PAS system documentation are utilized by Engineers for the set-up and testing of PAS systems and are Red Lined Marked-up (RLMU) to reflect all design changes.
- Understanding and following Method of Change procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- The position requires the individual to be qualified to degree level. The degree shall be in an Engineering discipline associated with Automation / Control .
- The degree requirement is to ensure an appropriate resource is selected for the position, in addition to achiev ing work permit and visa requirements.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- The position requires an individual at least 1 0 years experience of Oil and Gas Automation / Control experience. Honeywell Process Automation System (PAS) EPKS knowledge and experience is required for the position.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience with Honeywell EPKS is required.
- The position requires a self-motivated individual who is able to work with in a team environment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.