Learn morePosition Specific Description
NextEra Energy is seeking an experienced individual to be part of the Central Maintenance Planning team that supports our Thermal/Fossil Generating Fleet in the areas of Mechanical equipment and systems. The ideal candidate has high capability and drive for personal growth, well organized and process oriented, communicates effectively, and excels at building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responsibilities include: long term project scope identification, planning and budgeting, procurement, managing cost performance of our projects and assets; interact with plant customers to understand planning assignment specifics; coordinateplanning activities with a team of other planners to assure continuity of work and efficiency of planning; maintain an effective interface with various fleet organizations relative to engineering and technical issues; perform walk-down equipment in various plant typesincluding conventional, combined cycle, and solar generating facilities; and manage large quantities of planning assignments at multiple plants with definitive due dates for deliverables.Due to the 24 hour, 7 day per week nature of power generation, night, weekend, and holiday support via telephone or call-out, may be required.This position will be based out of our Juno Beach Headquarters in Juno Beach, FL (Flexible within any FPL Fossil plant)with 30% travel within Florida.
Equipment Includes Mechanical Maintenance for:
- Steam Turbine Valves
- Steam Turbines
- Combustion Turbines
- Heat Recovery Steam Generator (HRSG)/Dual Fuel Boilers
- Balance of Plant (BOP) Equipment
- Valves, Piping, Pumps, Welding and Structural Maintenance
- Strong knowledge and a minimum of 2 years of experience power plant maintenance and troubleshooting. General Electric, Siemens, and/or Hitachi steam/gas turbines knowledge highly preferred.
- Proficiency in technical writing and procedure writing techniques
- Experience with IBM Maximo or similar asset management software, SAP, Excel PowerPivot, and Microsoft Business Intelligence
- PMI Project Management Certification (preferred)
- Six Sigma Certification; Yellow Belt or higher (preferred)
- Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
Employees in this job are responsible for project planning of major and minor equipment maintenance activities related to electrical power generation plants. Activities may include job identification, scope validation, cost and schedule estimating, and development of job specific work instructions. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Performs administration of procurement contracts and documentation in support of outage execution
• Focuses on streamlining activities through the use of standardized processes and procedures, problem solving, and team engagement
• Performs other job-related duties as assignedRequired Qualifications
• High School Grad / GED
• Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
• Experience: 2+ years
• Supervisor/Management Experience: 0+ yearsPreferred Qualifications
• NoneEmployee Group:
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-DN1Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Power Plant, Energy