Skills: Project Management
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Project Manager to support our Program/Construction Management (PM/CM) Practice. This full-time position can be located anywhere in the United States.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The full-time Construction Project Management position will work closely with PM/CM resources to execute general contractor construction projects using multiple trade subcontractors. This position requires familiarity with the design-build and design-bid-build execution for various construction project types, such as vertical new construction, building renovation, and/or civil/site infrastructure.
Responsibilities include: project planning, proposal and procurement support, full project performance (safety/quality/financial/schedule/client), project reporting, leading internal staff and coordinating subcontractors, stakeholder communications, proactive issue management from kick-off through closeout, and project documentation.
Skills / Qualifications
We are seeking self-motivated professionals with:
- 5+ years of relevant construction project management experience.
- Experience assembling and managing construction subcontractor teams to complete contract requirements, while ensuring safety, quality, cost, and schedule goals are achieved.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, and decision-making skills.
- Experience with construction plans and specifications, and relating that to project scope, schedule, and cost.
- Commitment to safety. OSHA 30-hour preferred.
- Liaison between contractors, designers, owners, and end-users.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management or related degree, or equivalent experience in a construction-related position.
- Certifications preferred (PE, PMP, CCM, etc.).
- Experience with US Federal Government projects and contracts is preferred.
- Ability to be cleared to enter and work on a US federal government property is required for this position.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.