Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking for an Intermediate Environmental Approvals Consultant - Water to join our Central Canada Mining environmental consulting team. Our team provides environmental permitting solutions focussed on our Ontario mining clients. Ideal candidates will have 8+ years of related experience in a consulting environment and a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- As part of a highly skilled permitting team, provide technical and regulatory support to mining projects, working collaboratively with our in-house experts in hydrology, hydrogeology, geochemistry, aquatic resources and engineering
- Assess and develop water management approaches and interpret water quality data
- Produce high quality project documents and approval applications adhering to Wood's requirements for quality, as well as our client's budget and schedule expectations
- Liaise with clients, multi-disciplinary design teams and regulators
- Mentor less experienced professionals as required, encouraging growth and success within the team
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in a related discipline from a recognized university (post graduate degree considered an asset) with progressive experience, including consulting to private sector clients
- High degree of technical competence and understanding of water-related issues, with particular emphasis on metal mines in northern climates
- Knowledge of industrial processes, wastewater treatment systems and inorganic chemistry is an asset
- Experience with the Ontario and Federal regulatory regimes, and environmental approvals processes applicable to metal mining
- Strong communicator (both written and verbal) in English
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a team environment
- Valid Ontario driver's license and ability to travel, primarily for meetings and/or consultation events
Role commensurate with experience.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.