Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking an Industrial Hygiene / Environmental Technician to join our team in London, ON. This is an opportunity to work on challenging multi-sectored projects with a leading consultancy, engineering and project management firm.
- Conduct asbestos, designated substance and hazardous materials field surveys
- Complete mould, water intrusion, i ndoor air quality and noise assessments
- Data compilation and analysis, record keeping and coordination of work
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, technical reports, work plans and project specifications
- Assist other disciplines on field sampling programs as needed, including Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- College diploma in Occupational Health & Safety &/or, Environmental Science and Technology
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in one or more designated substances, asbestos, air quality, industrial hygiene, environmental site assessment, soil or ground water remediation
- Flexibility to travel within Ontario & work overtime as required
- Possess a reliable vehicle, appropriate registration and insurance, and a valid driver's license
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is a requirement (verbal and written)
- Will be required to wear PPE, including a respirator
- Must be willing to occasionally work at heights with the use of fall arrest systems
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem solving skills
- Eligibility to obtain Federal Reliability Security clearance
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.