Shop Technical Leader OVERVIEW
The Shop Technical Leader will be responsible for managing and improvising manufacturing process and product technology and actively supporting the safety, quality and productivity goals of the operation.
You will do this through integrating and developing processes and technologies that meet business needs across the organization, managing complex customer issues, being involved in long-term strategies and contributing to the overall growth of the business . ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Receiving the input from the planning team, he/she will lead the Manufacturing Engineers team to deliver their tasks in accordance to the key metrics (HSE performance, Quality, OTD, cost reduction), supporting the operation teams with the planning and execution of all repair activities in accordance with customer requirements.
In this role you will:
- Lead component process qualification process and ensure they are developed in highest quality and meet design criteria.
- Drive standardization in accordance with Repair Engineering Instructions and COE programs.
- Enhance Technical procedures with comprehensive process improvements
- Provide technical guidance to the shop floor on the job, supporting manufacturing engineers to manage SSR being the bridge between workshop and repair engineering team,
- Control job costs and hours in accordance w/ issued routers establishing a loopback process & support commercial team for costs definition and offers
- Drive repair process improvements, working with COE, to maximize productivity and lead time reduction; assure new processes are always reflected in routers and shop procedures.
- Effectively integrate digital transformation, advanced process capability and material handling concepts into the manufacturing processes.
- Lead P&E projects putting in place new production lines applying new technologies on industrial processes in order to assure that our company will continue to make cutting edge products
- Respond to the needs and concerns of employees providing them with the tools and equipment required to perform their jobs with proper quality and safety.
In this role the Shop Technical Leader will lead all maintenance activities and operations:
- managing services needed to maintain the operation
- ensuring operation meet government regulations and environmental, health and security standards
- managing utilities and services as security, parking, cleaning, catering, technology, etc.
- supervising multi-disciplinary teams of staff including cleaning, maintenance, grounds and security
- managing BT budgets and ensuring cost-effectiveness
- managing execution on proposal cost vs actual execution
- Technical bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- At least 5+ additional years of manufacturing experience with a focus on the development of solutions that meet technical and program requirements
- Knowledge of the manufacturing processes and equipment / facilities
- Continuous improvements proven experience
- Six Sigma training
- Knowledge of the operation's cost system
- Ability to counsel and motivate workforce
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven experience in component manufacturing or repair and overhaul environment with one or more of the following turbo-machinery: Gas Turbines, Axial Compressors, Centrifugal Compressors, Steam Turbines and Reciprocating Compressors;
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment.
- Strong negotiation/influencing skills.
- Self-motivated and disciplined to carry out all necessary tasks to achieve business goals.
- Ability to effectively manage changing and conflicting priorities and resolve appropriately.
- Capability to prioritize business requirements.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.