Skills: Design Engineer, PDMS / PDS, Piping Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sandefjord, Vestfold og Telemark, Norway
Overview / Responsibilities
Currently our Piping, Layout & HVAC Discipline in Sandefjord consists of 34 engineers with various background and expertise. Due to increasing demand for our services we are now searching for new colleagues to strenghten our team in Sandefjord. The candidate we are looking for has around 15 years of overall piping experience, preferably with many years as area lead or Discipline Lead.
- responsible for developing layouts from concept to feed phase and detail design/construction
- responsible for verification of layout
- responsible for coordinating layout design within all disciplines on an overall level
- responsible for organising/participating in meetings relevant for development of the layout
- be a resource and support for designers having questions related to the layout
Skills / Qualifications
- design using PDMS/E3D
- in general, be a resource and coordinator for all area disciplines working in the 3D model
- organize the 3D model according to project requirements and needs
- gather experience from other projects if necessary
- take an overall design decision/ priority if there is a conflict between the two disciplines
- attend design review meetings
- report to the Engineering Manager about design challenges
- organise regular meetings with participants from all area disciplines
Working with us:
In Wood, you will be part of a working environment characterized by enthusiasm, team spirit and access to "state-of-the-art" tools. You can expect to be a key player in our projects and get challenging work tasks. At the same time you will be part of a strong team of colleagues with focus on learning and personal development. Furthermore, you have access to knowledge sharing from your more than 45.000 Wood colleagues worldwide. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career, and we hope you'll feel proud to be part of the team.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.