Company: Saudi Aramco
Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading, Legal
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 18869BR
The core function of the Domestic Analysis Department is to advise the Company's management and external stakeholders on the outlook for domestic energy demand, economic evaluations of the Kingdom's energy and economic policies, domestic fuel and feed stock pricing, the Kingdom's macroeconomic outlook, and international energy policies and regulations. This is in addition to assisting with domestic energy strategy and policy formulation. The Kingdom's Economic and Energy Analysis , therefore, serves as the center of expertise on a wide variety of strategic issues that are of great impact to shaping the domestic energy landscape while ensuring sustainable economic development.
Saudi Aramco's Domestic Analysis Department helps evaluate various aspects of the Company's short- and long-term domestic and regional energy challenges, in addition to short- and long-term domestic energy market supply and demand projections. The outcomes of these analyses are used to forecast the domestic oil, gas, and refined product demand for Saudi Arabia. As the sole provider of oil and gas to the Kingdom this demand outlook is important for the Company to develop its long-term plans to meet this outlook for demand.
Saudi Aramco is looking to appoint an Economic and Energy Policy Specialist as an expert on current and future economic and energy policies and their impact on the Company. The policy specialist is expected to understand the interplay of government policies and regulations in Saudi Arabia.
It is expected that the Specialist be able to examine the domestic and regional economic policies and regulations to identify key challenges and trends that will impact the Kingdom's economy. As an expert in economic and energy policy the candidate is expected to formulate the best approach to addressing these challenges. This work can include compiling statistics, reading reports, having discussions with stakeholders, analyzing policy implications, and synthesizing the information into meaningful documents.
The Economic and Energy Policy Specialist must also demonstrate the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in producing reports, studies, and presentations that are pivotal in shaping management's decisions.
• A bachelor's degree in engineering, public policy, economics, law, or social sciences.
• At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in applied policy analysis, with at least 5 years of experience dealing with economic and energy policies and regulations.
• Proven ability to handle complex policy issues in a rigorous analytical fashion.
• Thorough understanding of the Saudi and regional economic systems. Experience in analyzing policy and regulation in developing countries will be considered.
• Proven ability to interface and effectively communicate with management at all levels within the organization and with government officials.
• A hands-on person who will immediately command the professional respect of others who possess long-time practical experience of working in or serving the oil and gas industry. A person who others, at all levels, will seek out for advice and counsel on policy issues.
• Able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision on relatively unstructured tasks.
• Has an analytical mind that is capable of pursuing multiple lines of inquiry.
• Able to perform consistently with changing deadlines and shifting work priorities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Economic and Energy Policy Specialist will be advising corporate management and Company organizations through the following:
• Provide analytical and research support, data analysis on economic sectors of the Kingdom.
• Forecast economic and social trends and government policies, including matters related to fiscal policies and frameworks.
• Monitor trends and other issues with implications for the policy landscape. Evaluate policy impact on Saudi Aramco's business.
• Provide guidance on modelling and analytical tools to evaluate policies and conduct policy impact assessments.
• Participate in the development of the Kingdom's Economic and Energy Outlook analysis and activities on key policy issues.
• Draft reports on technical and policy issues, be able to benchmark and apply best practices to the Saudi context. Ensure both timeliness and a high level of analytical and editorial quality in the preparation and publication of these documents.
• Examine the current economic and energy policies and regulatory environment to identify areas of improvement and to develop best practice frameworks to address these areas.
• Undertake rigorous applied research on strategic, analytical and policy matters on issues of national or organizational interest, and their connections and/or implications with the Company business.
• Provide expert judgment, by way of thorough analysis on queries from management involving domestic policy and regulation issues.
• Write policy papers on issues related to domestic economy and energy demand.
• Provide periodic commentary on developments in the domestic and regional Saudi policy issues, such as privatization, economic competitiveness, energy efficiency measures, and product pricing reforms.
• Mentor young professionals and policy analysts to develop their analytical and research skills and recommend training and development pathways to progress their professional development.
• Represent the Domestic Analysis Department at Saudi Aramco events to increase employee understanding of the economic and energy policies and regulations.
• Represent the Domestic Analysis Department by delivering high-level industry talks and seminars to visiting entities.
As an integrated, global petroleum enterprise with operations in Saudi Arabia, Europe, the United States and the Far East, Saudi Aramco is one of the cornerstones of the world's energy supply. Saudi Aramco has a proud legacy of accomplishment in the oil and gas industry. In recent years, the Company has been creating downstream joint and equity ventures, both in Saudi Arabia and in China, and is exploring additional opportunities in refining and petrochemicals. Projects such as these, combined with Saudi Aramco's stature - both as a corporation and as a corporate citizen - in the Kingdom and wherever the Company does business, make for a challenging and rewarding work environment for the personnel of the Finance business line.