Company: Saudi Aramco
Skills: Safety Engineering
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Saudi Arabia
Req Number: 19078BR
Responsible for inspecting work sites to determine safety hazards and helping to minimize on-the-job risks and compliance with safety policies, standards, applicable regulations, and safe systems of work through knowledgeable consultation, training and support to relevant stakeholders.
The Occupational Safety Engineer promotes the Research & Development Center (R&DC) and contractor HSE performance by utilizing safety engineering expertise, effective implementation and management of the Safety Management System (SMS), resolving HSE issues, and performing field safety assessments.
• A bachelor degree in a relevant science or engineering field, preferably chemistry or chemical engineering. A relevant master degree is a plus.
• Professional qualifications such as Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or equivalent are preferred.
• A minimum of seven years of relevant experience, preferably gained in a research laboratory environment, including competence in lab/experimental methods.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Understands and implements the SMS elements in alignment with company policy and international standards.
• Provides advice and consultation to division staff to assist them in maintaining a safe working environment in compliance with company policy and environmental and safety regulations, standards and practices.
• Help design and install safety devices on machinery and personal protection equipment.
• Investigate causes of industrial accidents to ensure no recurrence.
• Participate in the development of safety guidelines and procedures.
• Assists management with monitoring employee and contractor adherence to department safety programs.
• Maintains awareness of corporate safety requirements and makes recommendations for their implementation.
• Works with supervisors to develop Specific Safety Plans (SSPs) to identify hazards in labs and pilot plants.
• Analyze and report leading and lagging safety metrics to identify trends and implement actions to ensure continuous improvement.
• Guide submittal of incident sharing as per corporate protocol in case of major incidents.
• Incorporates essential safety requirements in all purchasing and contracting actions.
• Champion safety culture and safe teamwork at the R&DC.