United States of America - Arizona, PhoenixJob SummaryAECOM
's West Region is actively seeking a highly motivated Junior-Level Civil Engineer in the Phoenix, AZ office. AECOM is searching for candidates that have the ability to be a role model, be client-focused, be impactful and be decisive. Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed. In this role there is opportunity to grow technical and non-technical skills alongside a team of seasoned professionals while being given ownership that will stretch your potential.About AECOM
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what's possible - the world's longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining and disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, governments, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
o Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies - 2014-2020
o #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering-News Record's 2019 "Top 500 Design Firms" and #1 2019 "Top 200 Environmental Firms"
o VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
o Perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's Corporate Equality Index for 2017-2019About DCSA-Water
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM's Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today's municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services-from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance-to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform assignments requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria to carry out engineering tasks. Assignments are designed to further develop judgment and understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Exercise judgment limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
- Prepare design drawings, plans, sections, details, and profiles/sections within Autodesk Civil 3D and Bentley InRoads
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
- Oversee and direct data collection and analysis activities
- Undertake preliminary and detailed design activities
- Responsible for the preparation of technical memoranda, preliminary and detailed design reports
- Equipment selection and liaison with equipment suppliers and vendors
- Preparation of technical specifications, special provisions and forms of tender
- Review of quantity and cost estimates for completeness and accuracy
- Contract administration services during project construction
- Work as part of a team to complete assignments
- Prepare technical reports and analysis to support project assignments
- Actively engage in professional development and industry events
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering + 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong working experience with Bentley InRoads
- Strong working experience with Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as Civil 3D, InRoads, GIS, Hydrologic/Hydraulic models)
- Due to the nature of the work, US Citizenship is required
What We Offer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Positive attitude and strong initiative to learn and excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with project management concepts and principles
- Experience working on Dam and Levee civil design projects
- Engineer-in-Training(EIT)or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE)
- Willingness to travel remotely on occasion for construction observation and client meetings Additional Information: Relocation assistance is not available for this role.
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology WayVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.