United Kingdom - Devon, ExeterJob Summary
Are you a Structural Engineer with experience in technical delivery of water engineering projects. We have exciting opportunities within our established Water teams nationally and would like to hear from all interested candidates at varying levels.
You will work alongside our project managers and Technical Leads throughout the project design and delivery cycle, making technical decisions in various design stages of water and wastewater utility projects to include carrying out feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications.
Depending on your level of experience, you may be asked to mentor, oversee or manage design staff.The Team
Our Water teams have delivered some of the most high-profile projects in the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients include:
- Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
- Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and 'Capital Delivery' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
- Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
You will join our technical discipline team and wider technical practice network, enabling you to build your knowledge, skills and career with like-minded engineers globally.The Role
As a Structural Engineer, you will work closely with our Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature. You will thrive on the technical challenges of heavy civil and structural engineering projects.
You will see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You may also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.Minimum Requirements
- A range of analysis and design experience, particularly of reinforced concrete and steelwork structures.
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Experience managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable.
- Able to take responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
Your benefits will include:
- A degree or equivalent in civil or structural engineering
- Membership of/Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE, IStructE
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity,The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - StructuralBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Basingstoke, UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Cardiff, UK - Chesterfield, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - Leeds, UK - St. AlbansVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.