Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Stockton-on-Tees, England, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we're challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world's most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of approximately 52,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Visit jacobs.com and connect with Jacobs on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Critical Mission Solutions
Your mission is our mission.
We're invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It's our challenge as human beings, too. That's why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It's our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
Design your career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed -today and into tomorrow.
Business Unit Description:
Delivering safe, innovative approaches to managing high-risk, technically complex projects - from management and operations to innovative clean-up and environmental remediation. Jacobs ATN-I provides a complete suite of services and specialized expertise for an array of facility and infrastructure types that aim to optimise our clients' investments and meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
Principal CE&I Engineer
The requirement is for a CE&I Principal Engineer with knowledge of Sellafield Design and Site processes along with AWE process and procedures. The candidate shall have the ability to take Designs through the Design, Testing, Construction, Commissioning phases and ultimately through to final handover with Plant Operations.
The successful candidate will be required to lead a team of more junior engineers in the engineering delivery of projects to time, cost and quality or in the management of small projects.
- Lead functional input to own projects, including where relevant leading the input of other (possibly multidisciplinary) engineers and subcontractors, to ensure engineering delivery meets scope, time, cost and quality
- Plan and prioritise own work and that of more junior staff so that parallel activities are all completed in a timely manner
- Carry out engineering calculations and check the work of more junior staff to delivery a quality functional input to projects
- Generate and check engineering estimates and execution strategies to provide optimal solutions and eliminate errors
- Manage suppliers to ensure cost effective, timely delivery
- Proactively generate value adding options within projects to offer to clients to improve both the chance of winning work and satisfaction with completed and ongoing work
- Provide functional support and guidance to more junior staff to develop both them as individuals and the capability of the team as a whole
- Keep abreast of current technology so that technical input to projects takes account of new developments
- Support the engineering discipline manager in non project based activities such as writing procedures, resource planning, establishing policy, budgeting, recruitment etc, to support the drive to continuously improve and optimise the operation of the department
The successful candidate will be required to produce documentation associated with several new and ongoing projects with a number of clients
Other duties will also include:
- Attendance at relevant Project meetings and workshops
- Attendance at HAZOPs and HAZCONs as required
- Site Surveys of building infrastructure, Plant and Equipment
- Provision of 'as built' documentation
- Attendance at Single Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings
- Attendance at Multi Discipline Design Review & Produce Minutes of Meetings
The successful candidate will be required to work at Jacobs Stockton Office, but must be willing to work on occasion at other locations throughout the UK. Due to the ongoing COVID pandemic, consideration shall be made for the individual to work from home as much as is reasonably practicable.
- Occasional visits to client sites will also be required.
- Previous experience of similar role, undertaking duties as described above
- Good communications skills
- Self-motivated and capable of arranging own work, able to work with minimal supervision to meet challenging client deadlines.
- Classified/Monitored worker preferred
- Experience with production/input to CONCISE would be advantageous
- SC Essential- monitored worker
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go 'BeyondZero' by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall. We are also Disability Confident Committed; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks, centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
To find out more about our networks, please visit our website; www.jacobs.com
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.