The CTR Joint Venture provides program management, project management, engineering and construction management services to the Chicago Department of Water Management (CDWM) in Chicago, Illinois. As part of the CTR Program team's responsibilities in supporting CDWM's Capital Improvement Program, CTR manages CDWM capital projects for modification, replacement or new construction of specifically related to electrical power supply/distribution and SCADA systems for water treatment and pumping. The primary responsibility of the Project Manager position is to guide project implementation as an agent of CDWM, including oversight and coordination with other consultants and contractors that are responsible for detailed design, construction and construction inspection.
Since a significant portion of the role involves communication with internal and external team members and stakeholders, excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical to results. Additionally, the position requires a high level of organizational ability to simultaneously oversee, facilitate action on, maintain documentation for, and report status on multiple current and pending major projects.
Technical expertise must include design/construction of electrical systems for power supply/distribution and SCADA systems; development of construction document packages including drawings and specifications; and participation at factory acceptance testing for electrical equipment including switchgear, high voltage breakers, transformers, and control equipment.
Acts as a prime contact with the client and other project stakeholders and is responsible for overall work progress and technical performance on assigned capital projects related to power supply/distribution and SCADA systems.
Guides, manages and provides motivation and direction to project teams through all phases of project planning, implementation, and closeout, consistent with established project delivery processes to the meet the scope, schedule, budget and other specified requirements of the projects.
Oversees resource requirements, scope/schedule/sequence of project activities, risk assessment, quality, health/safety /environment, and financial performance of assigned projects, to assure that CDWM business and policy expectations are met.
Provide technical support to the CDWM-Bureau of Engineering Services on water facility related matters. Support and facilitate timely resolution of project technical conflicts.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to deliver a company like no other.Qualifications:What You'll Need:
- B.S. Electrical Engineering.
- At least 8 years experience in water/wastewater planning, engineering and construction, with at least 4 years experience in project management
- Illinois Professional Engineer (PE) license, or ability to secure license within three months
- Project Management Institute PMP certification, or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding and application of the competencies (knowledge and skill) desired of a project manager; for project team direction and project delivery
- Demonstrated capability to develop multiple mid-sized projects of average complexity
- Detail-orientation to assure consultant deliverables are of high quality and appropriately reflect applicable City standards and preferences
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Windows, Word, Outlook, Excel and SharePoint