Skills: Marine Engineering
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: Maintenance and repair of mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment onboard the vessel.
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Canadian 3rd Class Engineer Unlimited Licence or Higher (or STCW equivalent)
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- Valid Passport
- Canadian Maintenance Supervisor License, or STCW equivalent considered an asset
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for the mechanical operations
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- International Travel is required
- Coordinate and ensure that all mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment maintenance and repair is done in a safe and prudent manner
- Ensure compliance to Company policies, local and international regulations relating to the operation of the rig, and current pollution regulations
- Monitor the power plants controls and power distribution; ensure that power is available at all times
- Ensure that the permit to work system is in place and followed
- Participate in the effective management of the Rig Maintenance System (RMS) and ensure all records are maintained on a timely basis
- Operate, maintain and repair as necessary the engine cooling water system, lube oil system, and fuel system
- Maintenance and repair of all pumps and valves of the ballast system, thrusters, associated driven pumps and auxiliary equipment
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering an use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability
- Plan equipment periodic maintenance and prepare reports for repair and maintenance
- Ensure all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig
- Maintain an adequate supply of spares to fulfill maintenance requirements and facilitate a safe and efficient operation
- Inform supervisor of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information via direct supervisor to Field Support Group
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company's safety policies through the consistent execution of leadership and guidance
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirement for environmental protection
- Actively participate in weekly safety meetings and pre-job meetings as required
- Mentor, develop and train new crew members
- Other duties as required.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Marine Engineer - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: