Skills: Dynamic Positioning
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
JOB SUMMARY: operate the DP system and the VMS (where applicable) under the direct supervision of a certified DPO.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Canadian Watchkeeping Mate (Unlimited) License, or STCW equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Nautical Institute DP (Unlimited) Certificate
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the marine aspect of the rig
- Valid Passport
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- Operate dynamic positioning equipment under the direction of a certified DPO
- Operate and understand the ballast control system, Power Management System and fire and gas systems
- Maintain the rig in a stable condition and at the correct draft and trim
- Assist in the setup of the DP system operational parameters
- Ensure that all DP system data are recorded
- Advise the Driller and Chief Mate of potential position loss
- Assist in performing Preventive Maintenance on DP equipment
- Assist with running and maintaining records for hydrophones and subsea beacons
- Make regular use of the onboard simulator, where available
- Stand navigation watch as authorized by the individual's license
- Manage the deck crews, working outside with them as required
- Assist Chief Mate with deck operations as required
- Operate vessel's radios as required
- Operate vessel's radars as required
- Perform emergency duties and responsibilities as stated on the Station Bill, DP Emergency Response Plan and vessel specific Emergency Response Manual
- Participate fully in the annual performance appraisal process
- Assist in training of crewmembers in firefighting, safety and deck operations
- Other duties as required.
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position DPO - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: