Skills: Barge Master
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
SUPERVISES: Assistant Barge Supervisor, Ballast Control Operator, Deck Pusher, Paint Foreman
JOB SUMMARY: Ensure that all marine aspects of the rig's operations are carried out in accordance to statutory and regulatory controls and guidelines. Supervise the operation of the marine department to ensure safe and efficient running of the rig
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid Canadian Mate or Barge Supervisor License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid Basic Survival Training or BOSIET
- Medical (CAPP or OGUK)
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of basic technical calculations required for the safe operation of the drilling unit
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks
- International Travel is required
- Monitor the weather conditions and rig motions; advise OIM on conditions likely to affect drilling operations and seaworthiness of the rig
- Ensure that accurate calculation of load distribution and weights for daily stability reports are maintained
- Coordinate all helicopter and supply boats traffic; supervise movement of materials and personnel to and from the rig
- Ensure all navigation equipment is properly maintained and ready for use at all times
- Monitor quantities of expendables such as fuel, potable water, drill water, etc.
- Ensure that cranes are in safe working condition
- Ensure that all safety equipment, including lifeboats and fire- fighting equipment, is maintained in a state of operational readiness at all times
- Actively participate in the daily operations meeting with the OIM and other rig department heads
- Operate and maintain the bulk system as required
- Supervise tests on firefighting equipment, obstacle lighting and audible signals
- Ensure that all lifting gears are inspected and certified, correctly color coded, maintained and stowed properly
- Prepare and supervise rig move plans, anchor patterns, and associated mobilization preparations
- Ensure that daily marine logs are accurate and completed.
- Other duties as required
It is the objective of Puglisevich to ensure employment equity within the workplace. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, women, and persons with disabilities having the capability, qualifications and experience to make application for this position. Qualified residents of the province of Newfoundland and Labrador will be given first consideration in the staffing of these positions.
Position Barge Supervisor - International Location Puglisevich Crews & Services Limited - NL EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich provides qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: