Skills: Process Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Darlington, England, United Kingdom
Wood are seeking Senior Process design services to facilitate projects within the Process & Energy business in Darlington.
Detailed services to be provided:
- Carry out work in accordance with Company and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality out work in accordance with project guidelines and procedures
- Undertake process design work of units as required, supervise and check work of assigned engineers on the project as appropriate.
- Execute process engineering activities within the budget and schedule, as well as maintaining technical integrity of the designs
- Ensure that detail design methods, standards and data used conform with Client's requirements and / or those issued by Wood
- Prepare Process Flow Diagrams, Equipment specifications, Process Descriptions and P&IDs for review and approval
- Be responsible for the checking or approval of process calculations in accordance with Wood procedures
- Ensure a high standard of safety is achieved and Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures are followed
- Perform safety related calculations and provide input to Hazops, SIL and other safety reviews as directed
- Contribute where necessary to review of supplier quotations and reviews of the project 3D CAD model
- Communicate effectively within a multi-discipline design team in addition to Client and Supply Chain representatives to ensure project requirements and expectations are met
- Ensure all technical documents and data are prepared and structured in accordance with relevant design codes, standards and legislation
- Ensure the design satisfies all operational and safety requirement
- Check and verify engineering documents in line with the technical and quality plan
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Chartered Chemical Engineer
- Proven core Process Engineering skills, including design experience
- A self-motivated, proactive individual with high achievement drive and initiative, excellent verbal and written communication skills and good organisational awareness
- Ability to impact and influence fellow workers
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage new technology
- Experience in Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals or Chemicals sector
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in petrochemicals/chemicals, batch processing
- Experience in brownfield projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.