Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Wood Projects is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer who aspires to be part of a team, delivering powerful results. We look for innovative ideas and an agile approach to deliver the best possible outcomes and offer you an opportunity to progress and thrive by working collectively and making an active contribution. Wood is leading some of the world's most technically challenging mining and minerals projects across a range of commodities, including the new wave of battery metal opportunities.
You will be a dynamic solutions-based Engineer with a technical focus and background in Mining & Minerals processing.
- Preparation of deliverables in accordance with customer and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the overall production and / or preparation of mechanical engineering deliverables such as specification, calculations, technical evaluations, reports and drawings
- Ensure the correct and relevant information is disseminated to the mechanical team (engineers and designers) and other disciplines, as required, in a clear and concise manner
- Technical equipment package management, including the review and approval of vendor data
- Provide guidance to junior engineers, as well directing mechanical designers as necessary
- Provide technical support, as required, across the business including to onsite construction, estimating, procurement and project departments
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or other related field from a recognised institution
- Member of Institute of Engineers Australia, or willing to work towards membership
- Minimum eight (8) years' experience, ideally with at least five (5) in the mining industry
- Design experience in wet and / or dry mineral processing plants
- Site experience either in construction, commissioning or operations will be considered favourably
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Ability to identify technical and safety based risks
- Well-developed computer skills and knowledge of databases, spreadsheets and engineering programs
- Understanding of Australian and common International standards including regulatory authority requirements within the mining industry
- A commitment to HSE
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia to be considered for this role.
If you're a Senior Mechanical Engineer, ready for a rewarding challenge then we are keen to hear from you today.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.