Skills: Maintenance Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
SUPERVISES: Maintenance Supervisor/Electrician/Electronics Supervisor/ Electronics Technician/ Subsea Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: Supervise and control the maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, electronics, subsea, and information technology equipment onboard the rig
- Valid US Coast Guard First Class Engineer (Unlimited) License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid US Coast Guard Maintenance Supervisor License, or STCW equivalent
- Valid BOSIET
- STCW Basic Safety Training, Proficiency in Survival Craft, Advanced Fire Fighting, First Aid
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years previous experience on an offshore drilling rig
- Valid USCG Marine Medical
- Valid Government issued ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Knowledge of technical calculations required safe operation of drilling unit
- Advanced computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Supervisory experience in Asset Management, Budget Management and project planning
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Maintain control over the rig's maintenance system and associated computer database
- Coordinate periodic maintenance activities with the OIM and other department heads
- Plan the service and maintenance of equipment according to maintenance system guidelines
- Ensure that reports for repair and maintenance of equipment are accurate and completed
- Liaise with the marine department regarding the loading, ordering and use of fuel, potable water, and drill water in consideration of the rig's stability
- Ensure that the permit to work and isolation systems are strictly adhered to in the maintenance department
- Inform the OIM and other department heads of any technical problems or limitations that may affect the safe operation of the rig
- Liaise with the OIM to ensure that all third-party equipment is fit for purpose, certified, correctly installed, and maintained while on the rig
- Approve all maintenance department requisition purchase orders
- Other duties as required.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Senior Maintenance Supervisor (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: