Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair of all electrical equipment onboard the rig.
- Valid Technical Certificate in Electrical Engineering degree from a recognized body
- Previous experience on an offshore drilling rig, semisubmersible and drillship preferred
- Chief Electrician: 2+ years previous experience as a Chief Electrician
- Electrician: 2+ years previous experience as an Electrician
- Valid BOSIET
- Safe Gulf/Rig Pass
- Valid Electrical Equipment Hazardous Areas
- Valid High Voltage Electrical Training
- Medical (USCG or OGUK)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Government issued ID (Driver's License or Passport)
- Experience with Kongsberg K-Chief /K-Pos systems
- Experience with PLCs, SCRs, and MCCs
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams. Able to proficiently use electrical testing meters and equipment. Able to operate software applications as applicable to position.
- Knowledge of all technical calculations required for electrical operation of the drilling unit and basic computer skills
- Must pass Physical, Drug Screen and Background /Pre-Employment Screening Checks.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance on electrical equipment.
- Comply with the permit to work and isolation systems.
- Carry out periodic maintenance according to the guidelines
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair all power generation and distribution equipment, i.e. generators and engine controls, SCRs, switchgears, transformers, etc.
- Assist with the maintenance and repair of general rig equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration plants, communication systems, lighting, etc.
- Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of drilling equipment, i.e. driller's console, DC drilling motors and auxiliaries, top drive system, drawworks, mud pumps, etc.
- Carry out maintenance and repair on electrical components of marine equipment, i.e. thruster motors and auxiliaries, ballast pumps, control panels, cranes, etc.
- Install new equipment as required, with regards to electrical wiring, fixtures and junction boxes, etc.
- Assist in performing and interpreting power calculations, power factor, insulation tests, and positive relay tests as required.
- Assist in supplying information for maintenance and repair budget.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings, schematics and diagrams as required
- Communicate equipment problems or breakdown information with supervisor
- Ensure that approved rig operating procedures are adhered to at all times. Report all unsafe activities, situations and potentials hazards to supervisor
- Actively participate in weekly rig and departmental safety meetings
- Other duties as required.
Puglisevich USA is an equal opportunity employer
Position Chief Electrician/Electrician (Gulf of Mexico) Location Puglisevich USA Ltd. EOE Statement We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Puglisevich USA provide qualified personnel to drilling contractors, ensuring continued productivity and efficiency on their offshore rigs. At the same time, we offer candidates the chance to start or continue an exciting career in a dynamic and challenging offshore environment!
We specialize in contract and temporary positions, that could potentially to lead to full time positions. Our main goal is for employees to be successful in obtaining full time employment offshore, in an equal time rotation.
Apply today and let’s chat. This is the best opportunity to start your career offshore!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, & Twitter for future opportunities: