Skills: Contracts Engineer
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Wood is currently recruiting for a Contracts Engineer to work on an existing project until completion.
The candidate is expected to be of sound and moral character as a requisite in the performance of the assigned roles and responsibilities. Candidate should be able to perform project pre-award activities and post-award contract administration works following all established processes and procedures in line with corporate policies and requirements, reporting directly to the next supervisory position as required or instructed (Senior Contracts Engineer / Lead Contracts Engineer / Project Contracts Manager).
This position generally covers the following:
- Development of contractors list, perform pre-qualification of selected contractors as required, and development of bidders list per contract package
- Preparation and issuance of ITB Documents
- Receipt, review and evaluation of submitted bid documents
- Carry out commercial development of submitted bids
- Assist Lead Contracts Engineer or Project Contracts Manager and / or Client in contract negotiations
- Prepare contract award recommendation and Letter of Award (LOA)
- Contract Document preparation and issuance to contracting parties for signature
- Receipt and retention of relevant contract document deliverables such as insurances, bonds, etc.
- Review and evaluation of Progress Payment Claims and issuance of Progress Payment Certificates
- Issue and keep track of all change orders such as site instructions and variation orders
- Incoming and outgoing correspondences
- Record and keep track of all notes for the Weekly Construction Progress Meetings
- Maintain and ensure completeness of all Project related contractual and commercial records and facilitate archiving as required
- Assist Lead CE / Project Contracts Manager in the evaluation of all contractual claims as submitted by contractors
- Facilitate Contractors performance evaluations as required
- Contract close-out such as final accounting, completion certificates, etc.
In addition to the above, the candidate is also required to:
- Participate, deliver and complete all corporate and departmental requirements as instructed from time to time
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of all contractual and commercial information not only on project or departmental basis but for the Company in general.
Skills / Qualifications
The candidate should possess the following:
- Degree or Diploma in relevant engineering courses (civil, building, mechanical, E&I or equivalent) or Quantity Surveying (QS)
- With at least 3 years of experience in contracting / subcontracting works, preferably within the oil and gas, pharmaceutical, chemical industries. Experience with other industries will also be considered depending upon qualifications and similarity of work.
- Able to interact and communicate effectively with contractors/subcontractors and stakeholders
- Willing to be assigned to Project site anywhere within Singapore
- Able to work independently
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.