Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 12 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our Life Sciences team (Biotechnology/Pharmaceuticals) to develop life-changing and in many cases, life-saving solutions for our clients. We're looking for an energetic, self-motivated individual with the ability to execute all phases of project design. Project sizes will vary and will include both existing building improvements and new construction.
While this position will report into our Philadelphia location, due to our current remote capacity, we are also considering candidates outside of the Philadelphia area.
On a global scale, Wood serves the Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Federal, Infrastructure, Manufacturing, Mining, and Power Industries. Our Philadelphia office has become the Center of Excellence for our global Life Sciences network, providing full-service pharmaceutical and biotechnology engineering, design, procurement, and project management services.
- Developing process flow diagrams to define heat and material balance(s)
- Leading process design teams (upstream, downstream, utilities, fill & finish)
- Establishing a process design basis, developing process options, and optimization of selected design
- Designing and creating Process & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preparing bid and purchase specifications for processing equipment (e.g. chromatography columns, pressure vessels, bioreactors, filtration skids)
- Calculating loads for clean utilities, line sizing, and distribution design (e.g. water for injection, clean steam, process gases)
- Participating in project planning, cost development, and project scheduling
- Maintaining effective communication with project team members and clients
- Calculating and organizing data for other disciplines (e.g. instrument data for I&C or electrical loadings)
- Coaching and support of other process engineers
Skills / Qualifications
- Biotech or Pharmaceutical experience required
- Minimum of 12 years' experience
- BS or MS in chemical / mechanical / bio engineering required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, decision making capabilities, problem resolution skills, and a sense of initiative are important for this industry
- AutoCAD and Process Modeling experience preferred
- Knowledge of cGMPs preferred
- International experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.