Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Mining
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Gogama, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking a Junior Field Technician for our Resilient Environments Group. This is a term position with a targeted end date of December 2021. This position will be site-based in Northern Ontario at a dry construction camp on a rotation basis supporting the Cote, IAMGOLD environmental mining project.
- Reporting to the Environmental Lead/Coordinator, the Environmental Technician will support the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction Management (EPCM) Team on the construction of a mining project on northern Ontario.
- Promote awareness and implementation of environmental practices to achieve environmental stewardship and regulatory compliance.
- Support the development and implementation of the regulatory compliance system to track and demonstrate compliance with the Project's environmental and regulatory commitments and conditions.
- Coordinate and conduct water quality monitoring programs to ensure project regulatory criteria and objectives are achieved.
- Responsible to support various environmental tasks and oversees environmental data compilation, management, quality assurance and field level reporting.
- Conduct daily environmental audits and inspections for compliance during construction.
- Complete environmental audit and inspection reports for senior review.
- Coordinate and maintain sampling equipment, calibration, record keeping, assist with sample shipping and lab coordination.
Skills / Qualifications
- Educational and experience requirements include: degree or diploma in a science based specialization, ranging from graduate student and up to 2 years of industry experience in water quality monitoring, water quality sampling procedures, laboratory coordination, and/or equivalent combinations training and/or related experience.
- Participation in regulatory and/or permitting approval process for large natural resources or infrastructure projects.
- Experience conducting audits/inspections associated with environmental best management practices to ensure compliance.
- Working knowledge of environmental best practices, management systems and monitoring requirements on construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with water and other environmental sampling programs and working with large datasets.
- Working within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Able to work independently with emphasis on safety protocols and procedures. Shares knowledge readily and encourages a respectful work and team environment.
- Highly motivated, strong work ethic, detailed orientated, and self-managed individual willing to work in a fast paced multi-disciplinary project team environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel.
- Valid drivers licence in Ontario.
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.