Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Construction Estimator to join our Heavy Civils team in Springboro, OH.
- Must be able understand and follow plans and specifications
- Development of multidiscipline material/subs takeoffs (MTO)
- Send requests for quotes to subcontractor and material suppliers
- Evaluation of material/subcontract cost estimates and proposals
- Prepare comparisons of scope, quantities and cost data between projects
- Prepare and submit proposals to Clients
- Negotiate, clarify and answer questions/concerns with our Clients
- Develops and maintains resource information on vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
- Prepare hand-off meeting to project team, attend post job reviews
Skills / Qualifications
Candidates should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience estimating civil construction projects including excavation, earthwork, dirt work and underground utilities
- Understands all aspects of estimating, including take-offs, unit pricing, buy-outs, and preparing scopes and bid
- Possess strong mathematical and computer skills
- Proficiency in estimating software, HCSS / Heavy Bid preferred
- Proficiency with all MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Schedule)
- Ability to breakdown construction operations into a logical sequence of activities
- Ability to work in a team environment and fit in with company culture and processes
- Ability to professionally operate in a fast-paced environment maintained by a company in a positive, controlled growth mode
- Ability to work the hours required to support the role
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done
- Effective professional oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.