Job Title: Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Type:
Regular, Full-Time EEO Job Class:
Professional FLSA Status:
Salary, Exempt Department:
Maintenance Pay Grade
L7 Reports to:
Reliability Manager Direct Reports:
N/A Indirect Reports:
Junior Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer(s) I/II, Mechanical Integrity Engineer(s) Job Summary / Overview
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide technical knowledge and support with respect to the planning, maintenance, troubleshooting, project, and installation work on all plant mechanical systems. This includes the development and implementation of routine preventive and maintenance programs on plant systems and equipment. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will act as a SME (Subject Matter Expert) in performing technical evaluations of mechanical, quality assurance and quality control on equipment repairs and jobs performed by Contractors and Technicians.
This role is a mentorship/leadership position that supports an overall team effort to develop and implement a policy and plan which may include budgets; Health, Safety, Security & Environmental matters; Organizational & Cultural development of the Engineering Department; as well as other aspects of the company's business. Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and competencies.
Qualifications Licenses, Certifications, and/or Registrations Education, Experience, and/or Training
- Develop and implement maintenance engineering activities to ensure the reliability and availability of static and rotating equipment.
- Lead the discussion concerning engineering solutions to routine plant maintenance problems.
- Troubleshoots equipment related/efficiency problems.
- Review reports produced by Junior engineers and support them in completion of activities and troubleshooting.
- Develop and mentor Junior Engineers.
- Reviews plant equipment operating parameters and initiate technical discussions with operations as related to optimal operability.
- Leads plant trip assessment teams for determination of root cause and providing recommendations.
- Ensures that equipment history records are updated in terms of equipment downtime, cause codes, priority codes, man hours, materials utilized, and costs incurred.
- Review and recommend/implement changes to the annual review of the planned maintenance programs and equipment audits to influence programs for the following year.
- Implements approved reliability and plant improvement projects within budget and schedule.
- Act as subject matter expert to provide input for the development and implementation of programs regarding equipment long term planning such as end of life and repair or replace decisions for plant equipment and assets.
- Identifies plant threats by execution of Condition Monitoring programs and analysis of trends.
- Generate reliability reports based on completed inspections.
- Troubleshoots and performs diagnostic inspections on plant equipment.
- Ensures assigned engineering projects are properly planned and ready for implementation during plant turnarounds and outages.
- Supports turnaround jobs in accordance with the safety, quality, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for QA/QC of off-site repairs and rebuilds.
- Present a professional image at all times to clients and vendors and maintain a positive reputation of the company.
- Follow all relevant company policies and procedures.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years' experience in a process plant environment required.
- API 510, API 570, API 653, API 580, CMRP, CRE, CRL certifications preferred.
- Extensive working knowledge of Static and Rotating Equipment, maintenance and reliability engineering required.
- Knowledge of Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) preferred.
- Knowledge of Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management preferred.
- Experience leading teams preferred.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.