Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we workevery dayto make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community,start your career with Jacobs.
You'll join a team that has an enviable reputation in the UK Transportation consultancy sector as a result of a portfolio of high-profile projects with clients that include the Highways England (HE), Transport Scotland, Network Rail, Welsh Government, National Contractors and numerous Local Authorities. Our plans to add to this portfolio continue at pace regionally and nationally.
With UK centres growing in Leeds, Manchester and Birmingham, we can be flexible with regards to location and encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours' contracts. We anticipate that our return to work following the removal of UK restrictions will include a much greater mix of home working and office working. Our vision for our future offices is that they will be collaborative spaces where our employees come to gather to share ideas. For those who need to be in our offices on a regular basis, there will be places to work. For those who prefer to work more remotely, we will accommodate.
You will be responsible for project delivery and undertake the role of technical lead on a range of highway and transportation related projects:
• Reporting to the Project Manager, you will lead and mentor a small team of engineers, technicians and apprentices within own discipline working on a variety of projects.
• As a line manager for a small number of staff you will assist with the technical development of more junior staff.
• You will be responsible for the preparation.
• of feasibility studies, technical reports, detailed designs and production of contract documents across a variety of projects.
• Use your knowledge and skills in working together with the team and other disciplines in providing an integrated service to clients.
• Help seek innovative solutions in achieving best value in delivering our services.
• Help development of the team through the delivery of projects and commissions, providing technical and administrative support and leadership where required.
#UKCivils #UKTransportation #UKHighways
• A degree in Civil Engineering or other related degree.
• Attained or significant progress made towards achieving IEng/CEng and MICE status or equivalent.
• Proven technical experience of most aspects of major highway schemes.
• Confident with proven interpersonal and communication skills.
• Thorough understanding of DMRB, other standards and areas not covered by standards in related to area of expertise.
• Knowledge of departure approval process
• Working knowledge of H&S legislation
• Confidently present to external stakeholders including the client in areas of their expertise.
• Capable of managing a challenging workload subject to change at short notice.
• Good IT skills
• Ability to work independently and effectively within a global multi-disciplinary team
Ideally, here's what you'll also have:
• Experience of Building Information Modelling (BIM).
• Experience of undertaking client facing roles and an ability to attract new clients into the business.
• Experience in the delivery of Early Contractor Involvement or design and build projects.
• Experience of construction supervision.
• Knowledge of the financial management and control of projects.
• Good working knowledge of different contract types and procurement options.
• Able to produce well presented and accurate reports.
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.