Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Here at Jacobs, we apply our expertise and knowledge as welook intothe future with great optimism and focus. We don't settle until we give our best and know that we're making a difference. Our solutions in water help communities thrive. If you want to join a company invested in you, your success and the global community, join us as a Senior Water Resource Engineer and work with an established but growing Water Resources Group. You will act as a Senior Engineer/Project Manager focused on Hydrologic and Hydraulic modeling, Watershed Studies, Flood Mitigation and Forecasting.
As a valued member of our team in Houston you'll have the opportunity to help solve exciting and engaging Water Resource projects and utilize your expertise working with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business solving complex problems and giving a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. You'll lead design and provide guidance to the team to develop construction plans for flood control related infrastructure such as ponds, channels, etc.
In a dynamic working environment, you'll utilize your experience preparing scopes of work, cost proposals, building schedules, evaluating and selecting the best treatment approach to solve a client's challenges, and planning, designing treatment systems and plant improvements by directing the team with spirit and mentoring junior staff to ensure quality project deliverables within scope and schedule.
Bring your curiosity, talent for multi-tasking and collaboration, and extreme organizational skills and we'll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you - so we can make big impacts on the world, together.
At Jacobs, we're partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you'll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering with a focus on Water Resources
• At least 6 years' experience within Water Resources (i.e. H&H, drainage systems, flood control, etc.)
• Professional Engineer with current Texas registration
• Strong oral and written communication skills, self-motivation, team-oriented work practices, data analysis & technical problem solving, top notch organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent working knowledge of standard software for hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, including USACE HEC Software (HEC-HMS, HEC-GeoHMS, HEC-RAS, HEC-GeoRAS, HEC-DSS, XPSWMM) and ESRI ArcGIS. Working knowledge of AutoCAD/ Civil 3D.
Ideally, you'll also have:
• Experience working in Harris County. Proficiency with 1D-2D modelling software is required
• Ability to guide design efforts with a team of designers and EITs.
• Graduate degree in Water Resources, Environmental, or Civil Engineering