The ENGIE Renewables utility-scale and distributed renewables business units hat drive ENGIE's renewable energy strategy are fast-paced, high energy environments. The legal team covers a wide-range of legal issues such as acquisitions of early-stage solar/storage assets, power purchase agreements, equipment supply agreement, services agreements, construction agreements, regulatory review, legal support for tax equity financing and more. We are also actively supporting our finance and risk management teams to evaluate counterparty and vendor credit risk in this tumultuous financial environment. Our team members are located throughout the United States, which can mean a few early morning calls or late evening calls depending where you live. Although we work hard, we're a fun group and we're working hard to work as a team even though we are not in the same physical space.
We want to work with a law student who is self-driven and organized; willing to ask for direction as needed; and who has strong oral and written communication skills. Prior experience in the renewable energy industry is not necessary, but definitely a bonus. This position will be primarily remote, with preference towards occasional availability, in Houston, Chicago, or Oakland, CA. The length of the internship will be from June 7, 2021 - August 13, 2021, full-time work schedule working forty (40) hours per week.
What you'll do:
- Work on one long-term assignment that will culminate in a presentation to the broader business unit;
- Review and summarize documents or identify legal risks;
- Draft notifications and notification templates required under various power purchase agreements;
- Draft amendments to contracts and assignment agreements;
- Prepare a project development due diligence checklist for renewable energy and/or battery storage projects;
- Conduct legal research regarding certain compliance, credit risk management, or regulatory issues;
What you bring:
- Academic Year Program: Must be a rising 2L at an accredited law school in the United States.
- Must possess a 3.0 GPA or higher & be able to work up to forty (40) hours per week
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future sponsorship for employment visa status
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to think analytically, present ideas professionally, and work in project teams
- Must have a passion for fighting climate change and general understanding of solar energy and related policies
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Additional Locations: North America-United States-California-Oakland, North America-United States-Illinois-Chicago
- Posting Date: Mar 23, 2021