Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Various, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Software Solutions Delivery Manager to work in one of our UK locations. This role is key to the delivery of our Digital and Technology targets. Wood is a global organisation with over 60 offices worldwide and over 45,000 employees.
In recent years, Wood has taken significant steps to reposition as a consulting and engineering company working across energy and the built environment. We are a purpose - guided company focused on unlocking solutions to the world's most critical challenges including energy transition, climate change, industry 4.0, and the need for more sustainable and resilient infrastructure. You can find out further information at https://www.woodplc.com/digital-and-technology
This role is pivotal in supporting the Digital Factory to meet Woods ambitious initiatives by delivering through an agile product centric software development approach, whilst working closely with the Product Owners to support the creation of product roadmaps.
Championing the collaborative, dynamic planning process the Delivery Manager will actively prioritise the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the team and to effectively communicate progress.
- Provides guidance to Woods global software solutions capability
- Change management to support the VP Solution Delivery and successfully transform the internal software solution capability into a sustainable, agile and product centric service positioned to successfully deliver Woods digital roadmap
- Support the delivery of $7M EBITDA contribution through efficiency savings and cost reduction directed by connecting the globally located software development capability
- Direct influence in D&T's roadmap to deliver upto $150M EBITA contribution through software delivery support of all key digital initiatives
- Eradicate siloed working in software development, through constructing an internal community of practice that supports successful outcomes from global software specialists
- Maintain a common mechanism for planning projects, governance, release management
- Accelerate adoption of agile principles and best practice methodologies
- Taking charge of fast-track delivery initiatives where required to build and deploy solutions (e.g. Hackathon delivery approach)
Skills / Qualifications
- University / Postgraduate qualification in relevant technical subject
- Recognised Project Management Qualification
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Proven management skills and experience in guiding multiple Agile Software Development Teams
- Ability to influence and building relationships with senior stakeholders, working within challenging circumstances
- Knowledge of Software platforms and code and ability to identify and appoint the right skills to the right team in areas such as Java, databases and .NET
- Experience of planning, managing and organizing resources
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.