The Governance Risk and Compliance portfolio sits within Digital Security which is part of the Innovation and Engineering entity in bp. The GRC purpose is to provide bp with the capability to manage Cyber, IT and Compliance risks and sustain shareholder value.
Digital Security Measurement & Reporting is a new service within the Governance, Risk and Compliance portfolio. Our goal is to build and enable a consistent and measurable view of bp's Cyber and IT controls posture, underpinned by automation and data. The aim is to provide data driven insights through assessments, analytics and reporting that improves awareness and decision making capability across the business from mid to board level management.
The Senior Data Analyst will take a lead role in the M&R team and work closely with our customers, stakeholders and data teams. They will be responsible for creating consistent and easy to consume views of Cyber and IT Control metrics through data analytics and reporting. Ensuring governance of the metrics to make sure the sources are correct and consistently represented across the organization will also be an important part of the role.
About the job
- Work as part of a cross-disciplinary team, working closely with other data analysts, product managers, data scientists, data engineers, software engineers, data managers and business partners.
- Provide actionable, data-driven business and product insights by combining deep statistical skills, data manipulation capabilities and business acumen.
- Define, instrument and maintain metrics and build dashboards.
- Proactively identify impactful opportunities and autonomously execute data analysis.
- Be a bridge between business and digital organizations, combining in-depth understanding of both areas.
- If needed, build and maintain data models and pipelines to unblock your analysis.
- Visualise data to suit the relevant audience.
- Adhere to and advocate for data analytics best practices
- Present results to peers and senior management, influencing decision making.
- Mentor others.
- Hands-on experience carrying out data analytics, data mining and product analytics in complex, fast-paced environments.
- Applied knowledge of data analytics and data pipelining tools and approaches across all data lifecycle stages.
- Thorough understanding of underlying mathematical foundations of statistics, including knowledge of experimental design and analysis and causal inference from observational data.
- Expert SQL knowledge
- Advanced scripting experience in R or python.
- Ability to write and maintain moderately complex data models and pipelines.
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g. Hadoop, Hive, and Spark) is a plus.
- Strong business acumen.
- Customer-centric and pragmatic mindset. Focus on value delivery and swift execution, while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Ability to lead large organizations through influence.
- Continuous learning and improvement mindset.
- MSc in a quantitative field is preferable, ideally statistics.
- No prior experience in the energy industry required
At bp, we provide the following environment & benefits:
- A company culture where we respect our diverse teams and are proud of our achievements
- Possibility to join social communities and networks
- A healthy work-life balance
- Chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- Learning and development opportunities to craft your career path
- Life & health insurance, medical care package
- And many other benefits!
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.